I can't believe nobody has reviewed this wonderful recipe! This is a great recipe if someone is trying to go low carb, and my sons love it even though they don't care about carbs!
Chocolate Roulade with Raspberries
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 91mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 6 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 10 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with cooking spray; line bottom with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray. Dust with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl at high speed of a mixer for 4 minutes. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and pale (about 2 minutes). Beat egg whites with clean beaters at high speed of a mixer until foamy; add salt. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add cocoa; stir until well-blended. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly to sides of pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Loosen cake from sides of pan; turn out onto a dishtowel dusted with powdered sugar; carefully peel off wax paper. Let cake cool 1 minute. Starting at narrow end, roll up cake and towel together. Place, seam side down, on a wire rack; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Unroll cake carefully; remove towel. Spread whipped topping over cake, leaving a 1/2-inch margin around outside edges. Reroll cake; place, seam side down, on a platter. Cover and chill 1 hour. Cut cake into slices. Drizzle syrup on each of 10 plates. Place cake slice on top; serve with raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Roulade with Raspberries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American, French
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Sodium, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Desserts