I can't believe nobody has reviewed this wonderful recipe! This is a great recipe if someone is trying to go low carb, and my sons love it even though they don't care about carbs!
Chocolate Roulade with Raspberries
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 (1-inch) slice, 1/4 cup raspberries, and 1 teaspoon syrup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 91mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 6 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 10 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with cooking spray; line bottom with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray. Dust with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl at high speed of a mixer for 4 minutes. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and pale (about 2 minutes). Beat egg whites with clean beaters at high speed of a mixer until foamy; add salt. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add cocoa; stir until well-blended. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly to sides of pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Loosen cake from sides of pan; turn out onto a dishtowel dusted with powdered sugar; carefully peel off wax paper. Let cake cool 1 minute. Starting at narrow end, roll up cake and towel together. Place, seam side down, on a wire rack; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Unroll cake carefully; remove towel. Spread whipped topping over cake, leaving a 1/2-inch margin around outside edges. Reroll cake; place, seam side down, on a platter. Cover and chill 1 hour. Cut cake into slices. Drizzle syrup on each of 10 plates. Place cake slice on top; serve with raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Roulade with Raspberries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American, French
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Sodium, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes Like This