Be sure to use softened butter for spreading to keep the tender dough from tearing.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 25 Minutes
- Breakfast Bread Dough
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- Vanilla-Orange Glaze
- 1. Turn Breakfast Bread Dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Roll into a 20- x 14-inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- 2. Stir together granulated sugar and next 2 ingredients. Sprinkle sugar mixture over butter. Sprinkle chocolate over sugar.
- 3. Roll dough up tightly, starting at 1 long side; cut into 16 slices using a serrated knife. Place rolls, cut sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 4. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover rolls, and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Drizzle rolls with Vanilla-Orange Glaze, and serve immediately.
- To make ahead: Prepare recipe through Step 3. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours. Let stand 1 hour and 30 minutes. Proceed as directed in Step 5.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note