- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate and vanilla; beat well.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl; add raisins and pecans, stirring to coat well. Add to creamed mixture.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.