I'd really like some answers to the above questions before I make this for my granddaughter. Candi
Chocolate-Red Velvet Layer Cake
We baked our cake layers in 6 (8-inch) disposable foil cake pans, so we could fill all the pans at once. This way, if you need to bake the cake layers in batches, the second batch will be ready to put in the oven as soon as the first one is done. To allow the heat to circulate for even baking, space pans at least 2 inches apart from one another and away from the inside walls of the oven. Although the pans are disposable, they can be washed and reused.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 recipe Chocolate-Red Velvet Cake Batter
- 1 1/2 recipes Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, raspberry candies
- Spoon Chocolate-Red Velvet Cake Batter evenly into 6 greased and floured 8-inch round foil cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts