Chocolate-Raspberry Ice Cream
More From Southern Living
Total: 9 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 4 ounces finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves, melted
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- 2. Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk. Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla bean paste. Cool 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 4. Stir in chopped chocolate, and gently fold in melted raspberry preserves. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and time may vary.)
- *Vanilla extract may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This