Fans of dark, bittersweet chocolate will appreciate the subtle sweetness in these chewy, whole grain bars. They're like brownies for breakfast--without the guilt!
Coastal Living JULY 2012
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place chocolate and butter in top of double boiler. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat.
3. Combine chocolate mixture, sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well blended. Add in flour, then eggs, stirring until combined. Fold in cereal.
4. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with raspberries, pressing berries gently halfway into batter.
5. Bake 30 minutes. (Center will be moist.) Cool completely on a rack. Cut into 10 bars. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for 10 days or freeze up to 2 months.
Go to Full Version of