I should hav taken a picture. These were gorgeous and delish. I bit of work in the mutiple steps to make, but it is worth the effort. Classic fall dessert recipe, great to take to a dinner party. Cut the squares small as they are very rich.
Chocolate pumpkin bars
Community Recipe from
- 5 ounce(s) Chocolate, unsweetened
- Recipe: Chocolate pumpkin bars
- Jansen Chan
- 5 ounces chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 ounces chocolate, bittersweet
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Pumpkin topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 6 eggs
- 1 ounce chocolate, bittersweet, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9" x 13" baking pan by greasing the inside and placing a parchment paper or piece of foil that covers the bottom and two sides of the pan, with enough hangover to reach past the height of the pan. Over a pot of simmering water, melt the two chocolates and butter. Off the heat, add cocoa and sugar. Stir. With a whisk, add an egg one at a time. Add salt. Add flour and stir to combine. Spread over the bottom of the prepared pan very evenly. Reserve for pumpkin topping.
- For pumpkin topping: In a bowl, combine cream cheese and pumpkin. Add sugar, salt, and spices and stir to combine. Add an egg, one at a time, and continue stirring until smooth and even. Pour mixture directly on the uncooked chocolate layer. With a spoon or piping bag, drizzle melted chocolate on top of pumpkin layer in rows. Using a sharp knife drag lines in opposite directions, across the melted chocolate.
- Bake bars for 45 minutes or until puffy in the center. Allow to cool. Remove from pan and cut while chilled.
- Serving Size
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 516423879 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes