I should hav taken a picture. These were gorgeous and delish. I bit of work in the mutiple steps to make, but it is worth the effort. Classic fall dessert recipe, great to take to a dinner party. Cut the squares small as they are very rich.
Chocolate pumpkin bars
Community Recipe from
- 5 ounce(s) Chocolate, unsweetened
- Recipe: Chocolate pumpkin bars
- Jansen Chan
- 5 ounces chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 ounces chocolate, bittersweet
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Pumpkin topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 6 eggs
- 1 ounce chocolate, bittersweet, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9" x 13" baking pan by greasing the inside and placing a parchment paper or piece of foil that covers the bottom and two sides of the pan, with enough hangover to reach past the height of the pan. Over a pot of simmering water, melt the two chocolates and butter. Off the heat, add cocoa and sugar. Stir. With a whisk, add an egg one at a time. Add salt. Add flour and stir to combine. Spread over the bottom of the prepared pan very evenly. Reserve for pumpkin topping.
- For pumpkin topping: In a bowl, combine cream cheese and pumpkin. Add sugar, salt, and spices and stir to combine. Add an egg, one at a time, and continue stirring until smooth and even. Pour mixture directly on the uncooked chocolate layer. With a spoon or piping bag, drizzle melted chocolate on top of pumpkin layer in rows. Using a sharp knife drag lines in opposite directions, across the melted chocolate.
- Bake bars for 45 minutes or until puffy in the center. Allow to cool. Remove from pan and cut while chilled.
- Serving Size
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 516423879 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note