- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Baking spray with flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups strong hot coffee
- 9 tablespoons frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk, butter, and vanilla; stir until just combined. Scrape batter into a 9- x 9-inch metal baking pan coated with baking spray. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, and brown sugar; sprinkle mixture over top of batter. Carefully pour coffee over top. (Do not stir in.)
Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until just set. (Do not overbake.) Let stand 10 minutes; top with whipped topping.