This cake tasted good, but it was a failure. It created no gooey pudding on the bottom. We ate it and enjoyed it, but it wasn't what I wanted. I wouldn't make it again; I'll keep looking for a recipe that works.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 224mg
- Cholesterol: 1.7mg
- About 2 tablespoons salad oil
- About 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1. Oil and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- 2. In a bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add 2 tablespoons salad oil and 1/2 cup buttermilk; stir until the thick batter is evenly moistened. Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread level.
- 3. In the same bowl (no need to wash), mix brown sugar with remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Scatter over batter in pan. Evenly pour remaining 1 cup buttermilk over brown sugar mixture; do not stir.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until edges of cake feel firm and spring back when lightly pressed, about 40 minutes.
- 5. Let cool in pan on a rack at least 15 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature in bowls, scooping under cake to pan bottom to include pudding with each portion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts