Yield: Makes about 4 cups; 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups plain soy or other nondairy milk
- 3 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg yolks with a fork to blend.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, mix flour, cornstarch, and sugar. Gradually whisk in soy milk until smooth.
- 3. Add chopped chocolate. Stir over high heat until mixture comes to a full boil, 6 to 10 minutes. Boil, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4. Stir about 1/2 cup hot pudding into egg yolks, then pour yolk mixture into pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Add margarine and vanilla and stir until margarine is melted.
- 5. Pour pudding into a serving dish or individual dishes. Serve warm, or cover pudding surface with plastic wrap and chill up to 24 hours
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note