Photo: Tina Cornett
- 3 (4-ounce) semisweet chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 recipe Praline Pecans
- Microwave semisweet chocolate pieces and whipping cream in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 3 1/2 minutes. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. (If chocolate doesn't melt completely, microwave and whisk at 15-second intervals until melted.) Whisk in butter and liqueur; let stand 20 minutes.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks. (Do not overbeat mixture.) Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in Praline Pecans. Cover and chill up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month.
- White Chocolate-Praline Truffles: Substitute 3 (4-ounce) white chocolate bars for semisweet chocolate bars and Praline Almonds for Praline Pecans.
- Chocolate Marble Truffles: Prepare 1 recipe each of mixture for Chocolate-Praline Truffles and White Chocolate-Praline Truffles. Spoon both mixtures into a 13- x 9-inch pan; swirl with a knife. Chill and shape as directed; roll in cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, omitting Praline Pecans and Praline Almonds.
- Note: We used Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars and Ghirardelli white chocolate bars; 2 cups (12 ounces) Hershey's semisweet chocolate morsels may be substitutes for semisweet chocolate bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts