Chocolate-Praline Pecan Cake
Top this velvety chocolate cake with a brown sugar and pecan mixture that's the frosting equivalent of classic praline candy. After you make the candy mixture, pour it quickly on top of the two 9-inch square cakes.
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Spoon batter evenly into 2 greased and floured aluminum foil-lined 9- x 9- x 2-inch square pans. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- Bring brown sugar, whipping cream, and butter to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add pecans, stirring gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and slightly thicken. Pour immediately over cakes in pans. Let cool completely. Cut cakes into squares.
This must be baked in two 9-inch square pans that are at least 2 inches deep.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note