Notes: If making ahead, cover and chill up to 1 day. For creamiest texture, let desserts stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before eating. Serve topped with small spoonfuls of sweetened, softly whipped cream and more finely chopped chocolate.
Sunset FEBRUARY 1998
1. In a food processor or blender, whirl chocolate until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl.
2. Add the egg to the food processor or blender.
3. In a 2-cup glass measure, heat whipping cream in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until cream boils, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
4. With processor or blender on high speed, add boiling cream to egg. Check temperature of mixture with an instant-read thermometer; if below 160°, pour mixture back into glass measure and reheat in microwave oven at full power just until it reaches 160°, stirring and checking at 15-second intervals.
5. Combine hot cream mixture and chopped chocolate in blender or processor; whirl until smooth, about 1 minute.
6. Pour chocolate mixture into 4 or 5 ramekins (1/2-cup size). Chill until softly set, 30 to 45 minutes.
Go to full version of