I came across this recipe while looking for low carb desserts. These small servings of chocolate are excellent, and would be perfect at the end of an elegant meal.
Chocolate Pot De Creme
Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 ounces)
More From Health
Chill: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 19.7g
- Saturated fat: 12.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 13mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or other flavored liqueur (see above)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate and egg yolks until chocolate has melted. Stir in Grand Marnier. Set aside until just warm.
- 2. Stir in butter until melted (mixture will be very thick).
- 3. Divide the mixture among 12 small glasses and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm (2-4 hours or up to overnight). Garnish with 1/2 teaspoon zest. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine