For the ultimate sweet treat, make up a batch of Chocolate-Popcorn Bark.
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour
Chill: 3 Hours
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread almonds on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet; bake until golden and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring twice. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 250ºF; wipe off baking sheet.
- 2. Spread popcorn and almonds in a single layer on baking sheet. In a pan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil; let boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour brown sugar mixture over popcorn mixture and stir to coat. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool, then crush slightly.
- 3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let water boil or let bottom of bowl touch water.) When chocolate is melted, pour it onto baking sheet; spread evenly. Top with popcorn mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Break bark into pieces and store in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note