Chocolate Pizza with Apricot Preserves and Bananas
The recipe calls for letting dough rise one hour. You can also let it stand at room temperature overnight with the same great results. Slice bananas just before adding to pizza to avoid discoloration. Serve this deliciously gooey dessert with a knife and fork.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 78.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 88mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 120°)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine water and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes (dough will feel sticky), using enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to keep hands from sticking.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Prepare grill.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 5 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball; cover and let rest 15 minutes. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll each portion into a 9-inch circle on a floured surface. Combine preserves and banana in a small bowl, stirring gently.
- Working with 1 portion at a time, place dough on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn dough, and top with about 1/3 cup apricot mixture. Spread mixture over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips over apricot mixture. Repeat with remaining dough, apricot mixture, and chocolate chips. Cook 1 minute or until pizza is crisp. Cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note