Chocolate pistachio Sables
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) bakins soda
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (lightly packed) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted, shelled raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, kosher salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients; mix just to combine, then mix in egg white. Fold in chocolate and pistachios.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8"–long log about 1 1/2" in diameter, pushing dough together if it feels crumbly. Wrap tightly in parchment paper and chill until firm, at least 4 hours. (The colder your dough, the easier it will be to slice.)
- Place racks in lower and upper thirds of oven; preheat to 350°F. Working with 1 log of dough at a time and using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4"–thick rounds and transfer to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1/2" apart.
- Sprinkle cookies with sea salt and bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until set around edges and centers look dry, 10–12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- MAKE AHEAD: Cookie dough can be made 1 month ahead; freeze instead of chilling. Slice frozen logs into rounds just before baking.
- master the dough log
- 1. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Place each piece in the center of a sheet of parchment paper and form into a log, about 8" long and 1 1/2" in diameter.
- 2. Just like you'd roll up a poster, wrap the parchment around the log, smoothing the paper and pressing out air with your hands. Twist the ends of the parchment tightly to compact the dough log.
- 3. After wrapping, roll log on a flat surface to create a tight cylinder. Let chill at least 1 hour before slicing and baking, or wrap tightly in plastic if freezing.
- add notes
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Pistachio-Sables-51205610#ixzz2n0HHvwph
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lorraineS and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate pistachio Sables Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies