Kids will love to help dip the marshmallows into the melted chocolate and chopped nuts. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes, plus about 1 hour to chill. Notes: If you like, substitute orange candy sprinkles for the chopped nuts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 3.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios (see Notes)
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Put pistachios in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Melt chocolate (see âÂ€ÂœMelting Chocolate: Be Gentle,âÂ€Â� below). Holding at one end, dip 1 marshmallow at a time into the chocolate, turning to coat about 3/4 of the marshmallow. Use a knife to scrape excess chocolate off the bottom and back into the bowl. Hold marshmallow over the bowl of pistachios and sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate.
- 3. Put marshmallow (nut side down) on prepared baking sheet and repeat dipping, sprinkling, and placement with each remaining marshmallow. Chill marshmallows until chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Store between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Melting chocolate: Be gentle. Fill a saucepan with 2 to 3 in. of water. Put finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl that will fit over pan (the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water); set bowl aside. Bring water to a boil, turn off heat, then set bowl over pan. Use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to stir the chocolate frequently and encourage even melting. Once the chocolate is melted, stir well and use immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per marshmallow.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note