A more grown-up version of our chocolate-pistachio marshmallows, glowing with Halloween color. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour to chill.
Yield: Makes 24 apricots
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 1.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 24 dried large apricots
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Put pistachios in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Melt chocolate (see âÂ€ÂœMelting Chocolate: Be Gentle,âÂ€Â? below). Remove from heat. Holding apricots from one end, dip them 1 at a time into the chocolate, turning to coat about 3/4 of the apricot. Use a knife to scrape excess chocolate off the bottom back into bowl. Hold apricot over bowl of pistachios and sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate.
- 3. Put apricot (nut side down) on baking sheet and repeat with remaining apricots. Chill until chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Melting chocolate: Be gentle. Fill a saucepan with 2 to 3 in. of water. Put finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl that will fit over pan (the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water); set bowl aside. Bring water to a boil, turn off heat, then set bowl over pan. Use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to stir the chocolate frequently and encourage even melting. Once the chocolate is melted, stir well and use immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per apricot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note