Rest And Set: 3 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) butter
- 1 ounce(s) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 ounce(s) hot water
- 2 1/2 ounce(s) plain flour
- 4 ounce(s) plain or white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoon(s) powdered gelatine
- 1/4 pint(s) single cream
- To make the pastry, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffe, then beat in 1 egg yolk. Gradually work in the flour to a sofe, pliable dough. Knead lightly, then roll out the pastry to fit a 15cm fluted flat ring. Prick the base with a fork and rest for 30 minutes. Bake blind in a 180C oven for 30 minutes. removing the beans and paper for the last 5 minutes. Turn out on to a wire rack. Cool.
- Reserve 1 square of chocolate and melt the remainder in a heatproof bowl over an pan of hot water, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and beat in the remaining egg yolk. Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water over a pan of simmering water. Stir into the chocolate mixture, then stir in the cream. Cool until almost set. Whisk the egg whites until soft beaks form, then gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Chill for about 2 hours, or until set. Just before serving, pile the chocolate mixture into the pastry case and grate over the reserved chocolate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bicki716 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note