Chocolate-Peppermint Pudding Cake
This is one of those recipes you'll want to share with all your friends. It's easy to make and sinfully rich, and the peppermint imparts a taste of Christmas.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix without pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup crushed hard peppermint candies
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: additional crushed hard peppermint candies
- Combine 2 cups cake mix, milk, and oil, stirring mixture well. (Reserve remaining 2 cups cake mix for another use.) Stir in 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 8" square pan.
- Combine sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm pudding cake with vanilla ice cream. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For cake mix, we used Duncan Hines. There are 4 cups cake mix in the package. Seal the unused portion in a zip-top plastic bag, and make the dessert again!
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts