Chocolate-Peppermint Bundt Cake
Devil's food cake mix gives you a jump start with this dessert, and chocolate pudding and sour cream make each bite moist.
Yield: 1 (10") cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
- Heavily grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer just until combined. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to make glaze a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake, and sprinkle with crushed candies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This