- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
How to Make It
Heavily grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer just until combined. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
Place cake on a serving plate. Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to make glaze a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake, and sprinkle with crushed candies.