- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 8 (1-oz.) sqs. semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 (1-oz.) sqs. white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 1/3 cup peppermint candies, crushed
How to Make It
Line an 8"x8" baking pan with aluminum foil. Spread almonds in pan; set aside. Place semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high one minute; stir until smooth. Microwave 10 to 15 more seconds, if necessary. Pour semisweet chocolate over almonds. Allow to harden.
Repeat microwave melting instructions for white chocolate.
Stir peppermint extract into white chocolate. Pour half of white chocolate mixture into another bowl and tint pink using red food coloring. Slowly pour white and pink chocolate over semi-sweet chocolate; gently swirl with a knife. Sprinkle top with crushed candies. Chill until firm, about one hour.
Use foil to lift candy from pan; break into pieces. Store tightly covered at room temperature.