Chocolate Pecan Tart
1992 McCall's Favorite Christmas Ideas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour unsifted
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter unsalted
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon(s) water cold
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 4 cup(s) pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 whole(s) eggs beaten
- 2 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate
- 1. Make pastry: In food processor, combine flour, sugar, and butter; process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolks and the water; process until mixture just begins to hold together.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350F
- Gently press pastry over bottom and sides of 12 1/2 in tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze 15min. With fork, prick bottom of pastry; bake 15-18min. Remove to wire rack.
- 3. Make Filling: In large saucepan, combine sugar and the water; stir until sugar melts. Bring to boiling; simmer over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until syrup is golden brown. Remove from heat. Slowly and carefully pour in heavy cream (mixture will bubble and harden.) Return pan to heat; simmer 1 minutes, stirring until caramel dissolves. Pour into large bowl; cool 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pecans and salt; mix well. Pour into prepared pastry shell; spreading evenly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. Melt chocolate; drizzle over tart filling, Let chocolate set before serving, Tar can be made ahead and refrigerated; let come to room temperature before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NurseELB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Pecan Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts