Chocolate Pecan Pie
Southern Living Recipe1/4
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 package(s) 14.1 pkg refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 can(s) 5 oz evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pecan halves and pieces
- 2/3 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll piecrust into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp.
- 2. Microwave butter and chocolate squares in a large microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in evaporated milk, eggs, and 1 tsp. vanilla.
- 3. Stir together granulated sugar and next 3 ingredients. Add sugar mixture to chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- 4. Bake pie at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Stir together pecans, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla; sprinkle over pie. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gigimuirheid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts