Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°. Beat first 3 ingredients at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar and salt, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in chocolate morsels and pecans.
- 2. Drop meringue mixture by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 225° for 1 hour, placing 1 pan on middle oven rack and other on lower oven rack. Switch pans, and bake 45 minutes or until meringues are dry but not browned. Cool completely on baking sheets on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts