Yield: about 5 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, chocolate, milk, syrup, butter, and salt in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes or until mixture reaches soft ball stage (236°).
- Remove from heat; add pecans and vanilla (do not stir). Cool to lukewarm (110°). Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is thick and creamy. Pour into a buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Cool completely before cutting into 1-inch squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy