Yield: Makes 4 dozen
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Line a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in prepared pan, slightly overlapping edges.
- 3. Combine sugar, butter, and cream in a medium-size heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour butter mixture over crackers, spreading to coat.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Top warm bars with dark chocolate morsels. Let stand 3 minutes, and spread chocolate over bars.
- 5. Immediately sprinkle with salt, and slide foil from pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Chill 20 minutes before serving. Break into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies