- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup (4.5 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream or unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
How to Make It
Fit piecrust into a greased 9" tart pan with a removable bottom.
Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-high, and boil, without stirring, 7 to 8 minutes or until syrup is golden, swirling pan occasionally. (Wash down sides of pan with water, using a pastry brush, if sugar crystals form on sides.)
Remove from heat, and gradually stir in warm cream and bourbon (mixture will bubble up). Cool completely (about 35 minutes).
Add butter and egg, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanuts and chocolate morsels. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
Bake at 375° for 36 to 38 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream or unsweetened whipped cream.