Mine turned out PERFECT! LOVED THEM! I didnt have any almonds so i used chopped pecans and sunflower kernals,( the salted kind) Then I made it again with the almonds and It also tasted great, (kinda like an almond roca) but I think I prefer it with the sunflower seeds and pecans. The subtle nutty / sallty flavor from the sunflower seeds really kicked it up a notch. My friends also agreed with me. VERY EASY TO MAKE. I WILL BE MAKING IT AGAIN FOR SURE
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Toffee
More From Allyou
Stand: 32 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 sleeve saltines (about 4 oz.)
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in a shallow pan; bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, shaking pan halfway through. Remove to a bowl to cool, then chop finely.
- 2. Line a 15-by-10-inch baking sheet with foil; mist with cooking spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer on sheet, breaking crackers as necessary to fit.
- 3. Bring butter and sugar to a boil in a small pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture evenly over crackers. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove sheet from oven; add peanut butter in dollops. Return to oven until peanut butter begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack.
- 4. Spread peanut butter evenly. Sprinkle both types of chocolate chips over; let stand until chips soften, about 1 minute. Spread chips over peanut butter. Sprinkle with almonds. Let stand for 30 minutes. Place sheet in refrigerator; chill until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Break into approximately 20 pieces. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note