Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge Squares
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: Makes 5 dozen
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Garnish: peanut halves
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cover and cook 3 minutes; uncover and cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 236° (soft ball stage). Remove from heat; add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until thickened; pour into a buttered 8-inch square pan. Score into 1-inch squares with a knife; cool. Cut into squares.
- Microwave chocolate squares and shortening in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip fudge squares into chocolate mixture; place on wax paper. Garnish, if desired; let stand until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note