I used vanilla wafers in place of sandwich cookies, since I didn't have any in the house. That may have made a difference, but I don't think it would have made this amazing. The cool whip/peanut butter layer is difficult to spread over crushed cookies, and it actually turns out to not be very peanut buttery. It's also difficult to spread over the pudding, since it starts to blend together. All in all, there are much better similar recipes. It was easy, but there's nothing glamorous about it.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Pudding
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 peanut butter cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Whisk together chocolate instant pudding mix and 2 cups milk for 2 minutes. Cover pudding, and chill 5 minutes.
- Stir together peanut butter and whipped topping, blending well.
- Place 1 cup crushed cookies evenly on bottom of an 8-cup bowl. Spread half of peanut butter mixture over crushed cookies; sprinkle with half of peanuts. Spread all of pudding evenly over top; spread remaining peanut butter mixture evenly over pudding. Sprinkle with remaining cookies and peanuts. Chill until ready to serve.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Double Delight Oreo Peanut Butter & Chocolate for sandwich cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts