Am I missing something? No mention of baking soda or powder or peanuts in the ingredients list. But....they are mentioned in the first paragraph of the preparation instructions. Am I supposed to guess?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) quick cooking oats
- 1 3/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1 bag(s) 6oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 can(s) 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in peanuts.
- RESERVE 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Stir egg into remaining crumb mixture. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- STIR together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in small bowl until well combined. Pour evenly over partially baked crust.
- STIR together reserved crumb mixture and chocolate chips. Sprinkle evenly over peanut butter layer.
- BAKE an additional 15 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenzipooch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies