good kid friendly dessert
The secret to these chocolate-peanut bar cookies is the crushed vanilla wafers.
Yield: Makes about 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (about 45 cookies)
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add powdered sugar and vanilla wafer crumbs; beat until blended. Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Stir together chocolate morsels and whipping cream in a medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread evenly on top of peanut butter mixture. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Cut into 48 bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note