There's a major problem with this recipe...it calls for one 1.4-oz pkg of fat-free, sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix. The only pudding mixes I buy are Jello, and I found out after mixing this up, that the pkg is 1.0-oz, 40% less. I mixed this up and what I ended up with was something resembling chocolate milk, not a parfait. I then pulled the box out of the trash and realized what had happened. More and more companies are reducing the size of the product, so they can keep the price the same which ends up in a screw-up like this. This was a TOTAL and somewhat costly bust. The only other pudding brand that I see at the store is Royal which I don't like. Southern Living, unless Royal's box is 1.4-oz (and I doubt that it is), you really need to get this recipe revised/corrected, so nobody else has to throw away a pkg of pudding mix, 2 cups of mix, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and 1-1/2 cups of Cool Whip. One unhappy cook here.
We tried using both sugar-free instant and regular pudding mixes to make these chocolate parfaits. To our surprise, we preferred the flavor of the sugar-free.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1 (1.4-oz.) package fat-free, sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3/4 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (4 cracker sheets)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated chocolate
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a bowl until blended and smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- 2. Spoon 1 Tbsp. crumbs into each of 6 (4-oz.) glasses, and top with 1/3 cup pudding mixture. Repeat layers with remaining crumbs and pudding mixture. Top each parfait evenly with remaining whipped topping and grated chocolate. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note