I used this inside my cream puffs with sliced strawberries and topped the puff with chocolate sauce. The cream is very delicious. Mine actually turned orange after being beaten with the orange zest, although it's not orange in the displayed photo.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 373
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 135mg
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- 1 package (8 oz.) neufchâtel (light cream) cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat neufchâtel cheese, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth. Add whipping cream and beat on low speed until blended, then on high speed just until mixture resembles stiffly beaten whipped cream (do not overbeat).
- 2. Sift powdered sugar and fold into cream mixture. Fold in chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts