Chocolate-Orange Cornmeal Cookies
Don't skip the chill time after mixing or the dough will be too soft to shape into a log.
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wax paper
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1. Combine flour and cornmeal. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and next 3 ingredients, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended after each addition. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- 2. Shape dough into a 12-inch log using wax paper. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and chill 8 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until set. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely (about 15 minutes). Drizzle melted semisweet chocolate morsels over cooled cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This