These were so easy and very delicious! Not only was my gluten free daughter delighted but so were the rest of us. This is an excellent recipe whether or not you avoid gluten.
Chocolate Orange Cookie Cups
These flourless cookie bites from Sunset reader Jennifer Loganathan, of Colden, NY, are a delicious cross between a brownie and a soft cookie—the orange zest adds a bit of contrast.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 100
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large egg whites, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- 2. Stir together almonds, powdered sugar, cocoa, orange zest, 3 tbsp. butter, 1 egg white, and 1 tbsp. water in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk remaining egg white with granulated sugar until medium peaks form; fold into cocoa mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- 3. Bake until tops look dry, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then turn out of pan.
- 4. Meanwhile, microwave remaining 1 tbsp. butter with chocolate in a small bowl until melted. Drizzle over warm cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note