- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large egg whites, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- calories 100
- caloriesfromfat 63 %
- protein 2.1 g
- fat 7 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 9.1 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 10 mg
- cholesterol 10 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
Stir together almonds, powdered sugar, cocoa, orange zest, 3 tbsp. butter, 1 egg white, and 1 tbsp. water in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk remaining egg white with granulated sugar until medium peaks form; fold into cocoa mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, dividing evenly.
Bake until tops look dry, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then turn out of pan.
Meanwhile, microwave remaining 1 tbsp. butter with chocolate in a small bowl until melted. Drizzle over warm cookies.