Notes: This cake tastes unbelievably rich, creamy, and fudgy. Garnish with mint leaves and orange slices.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 2/3 cup (about 3 oz.) reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 carton (1 lb.; about 1 3/4 cups) small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 oz.) nonfat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup alkaline-treated cocoa
- 1/4 cup orange-flavor liqueur or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1. Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 1/2 inch up side of a removable-rim 9-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
- 2. Bake in a 350° oven until crust is slightly toasted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs, and egg whites until very smooth.
- 4. In a large bowl, mix sugar and cocoa. Add cheese mixture, liqueur, and orange peel.
- 5. Heat chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven at full power in 5-second intervals until soft. Stir until smooth, then scrape into cheese mixture. Beat with a mixer until smoothly blended. Pour into hot or cool crust.
- 6. Bake in a 350° oven until center barely jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 40 to 45 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days.
- 7. Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Orange Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate, Dairy
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Sunset
More Recipes for Desserts