- 2/3 cup (about 3 oz.) reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 carton (1 lb.; about 1 3/4 cups) small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 oz.) nonfat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup alkaline-treated cocoa
- 1/4 cup orange-flavor liqueur or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- calories 209
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- protein 10 g
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 356 mg
- cholesterol 43 mg
How to Make It
Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 1/2 inch up side of a removable-rim 9-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
Bake in a 350° oven until crust is slightly toasted, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs, and egg whites until very smooth.
In a large bowl, mix sugar and cocoa. Add cheese mixture, liqueur, and orange peel.
Heat chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven at full power in 5-second intervals until soft. Stir until smooth, then scrape into cheese mixture. Beat with a mixer until smoothly blended. Pour into hot or cool crust.
Bake in a 350° oven until center barely jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 40 to 45 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days.
Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.