This mousse had a nice flavor but it was very rich! I could only eat a few bites. The orange liqueur flavor was very strong and a couple of my guests found it too strong to eat. You may want to cut back on the liqueur and/or leave it out of the whipped cream.
Chocolate Mousse With Orange Liqueur
- 1 (4-ounce) package sweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 4 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Orange Whipped Cream
- Place chocolate and orange liqueur in top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil in bottom of double boiler; remove from heat. Place chocolate over simmering water, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Let cool to lukewarm.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Fold about one-fourth of whipped cream into melted chocolate, working quickly; fold chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon evenly into individual small serving cups. Chill until ready to serve. Dollop with Orange Whipped Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This