This mousse had a nice flavor but it was very rich! I could only eat a few bites. The orange liqueur flavor was very strong and a couple of my guests found it too strong to eat. You may want to cut back on the liqueur and/or leave it out of the whipped cream.
Chocolate Mousse With Orange Liqueur
- 1 (4-ounce) package sweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 4 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Orange Whipped Cream
- Place chocolate and orange liqueur in top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil in bottom of double boiler; remove from heat. Place chocolate over simmering water, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Let cool to lukewarm.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Fold about one-fourth of whipped cream into melted chocolate, working quickly; fold chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon evenly into individual small serving cups. Chill until ready to serve. Dollop with Orange Whipped Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note