Chocolate Mousse Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 30 chocolate wafers or chocolate graham cookies
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1 package(s) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free half & half
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar divided
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) chocolate, semisweet morsels
- 1/3 cup(s) liquid pasteurized egg white
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Process cookies in the food processor. Add melted butter and 1 tablespoon of water. Continue processing until combined. Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- For Mousse:
- Place 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water, stir until dissolved. Set aside. Place half & half, 1/4 c of sugar, cocoa powder, egg and vanilla in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring with a whisk, over medium-low heat until thickened - approximately 160 degrees F. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin mixture and chocolate chips. Chill chocolate mixture to room temperature.
- Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until frothy. Add remaining 1/4 c of sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour mousse into pie shell. Refrigerate until mousse is set - about 4 hours. Garnish with strawberries. Slice to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Mousse Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries