Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 3 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, split
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 18 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, optional
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Garnishes: Chocolate Leaves
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers, placing cookies close together.
- Cook sugar, 1/2 cup whipping cream, and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add chocolate, vanilla, and, if desired, liqueur, stirring until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour one-third mixture into prepared pan; top with half of remaining ladyfingers. Repeat layers, ending with chocolate mixture. Chill at least 4 hours. (Cover and freeze up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator 8 hours.) Carefully remove sides of springform pan. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We used Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This