So easy and delicious, this dessert returns year after year to our Christmas table. It is very rich, so a small portion goes a long way.
Chocolate Mousse au Grand Marnier
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (4-ounce) package sweet baking chocolate
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Combine 8 ounces of chocolate and Grand Marnier in a heavy saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat, and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently fold about 1/2 cup of whipped cream into chocolate; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve. Must be kept cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Mousse au Grand Marnier Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Puddings/Custards
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, French
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate, Dairy
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Desserts