Easy to make! Yummy! Use 70-72% caco chocolate! Superb Strawberry garnesh Rich
Chocolate Mousse has all the taste of a decadent chocolate dessert but with less calories.Top off this mousse with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate curls.
More From Health
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 21.1g
- Saturated fat: 13.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg white or 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- 1. Place chocolate, half-and-half, and salt in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl; cook over simmering water until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool to room temperature (1520 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg white in a medium bowl, just until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Whisk sour cream and vanilla into chocolate mixture. In two batches, whisk the egg-white mixture into the chocolate mixture until just blended. Transfer mousse to 3 serving dishes (about 6- to 8-ounce capacity each, such as stemmed glasses, teacups, or small dessert bowls). Cover dishes lightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and set, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Before serving, top each mousse with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note