Holy moly this was good! I've tried other healthier versions of chocolate mousse, such as the tofu one, and this one takes the cake! Rich and sinful tasting... just be sure to fold in the egg whites and don't overbeat, or it will be a more dense mousse. - would still taste yummy though :) To top it off, it was an easy dessert to put together! I'll be making this one for company.
Chocolate Mousse has all the taste of a decadent chocolate dessert but with less calories.Top off this mousse with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate curls.
More From Health
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 21.1g
- Saturated fat: 13.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg white or 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- 1. Place chocolate, half-and-half, and salt in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl; cook over simmering water until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool to room temperature (1520 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg white in a medium bowl, just until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Whisk sour cream and vanilla into chocolate mixture. In two batches, whisk the egg-white mixture into the chocolate mixture until just blended. Transfer mousse to 3 serving dishes (about 6- to 8-ounce capacity each, such as stemmed glasses, teacups, or small dessert bowls). Cover dishes lightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and set, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Before serving, top each mousse with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note