Chocolate & Mocha Cupcakes
This is a rich and absolutley delicious chocolate cake made using the southern tradition of vinegar as a leavening agent which allows the cake to be moist and fluffy. Top with frosting of your choice, the Mocha frosting is a great accent to the chocolate.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) flour 2cp, 4 tbspn cake flour
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) hot french vanilla coffee
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) distilled white vineger
- Mocha Frosting
- 5 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 5-6 tablespoon(s) french vanilla coffee creamer
- 2-3 spoonfulls of instant coffee crystals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together first 5 ingredients and set aside. (Dry ingredients)
- Gradually mix together remaining (wet) ingredients Then combine dry and wet mixing until just blended.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake papers filling to 3/4. This should yeild 30-32 standard sized cupcakes. This will also work for 2 round 9" cake pans.
- Bake for 14-16minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or nearly clean.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before transfer to cooling racks.
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Combine sugar and softened butter. Combine coffee crystals and creamer then blend into sugar mix.
- After frosting, drizzle with caramel and chocolate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arohrmayr82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note