Look for peppermint oil at health-food stores, large supermarkets, and specialty stores that sell candy-making ingredients; do not substitute peppermint extract. For a simple chocolate sorbet, omit the oil.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 147
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 31.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 drops peppermint oil
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Place the cocoa and chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour hot sugar mixture over chocolate mixture; let stand 2 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in peppermint oil. Cover and chill.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Mint Sorbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Make-Ahead, 5 Ingredients or Less
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free, Low Cholesterol, Low Sodium
- COOKING METHOD: Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Valentine's Day, Weddings
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light