I made theses cupcakes for Christmas 2008 very good! The cake mix and sour cream and butter makes these cupcakes super moist and the chocolate buttercream with added candy mints are super yummy.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Chocolate Buttercream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints
- Garnish: shaved or chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints (optional)
- 1. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- 2. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 4. Prepare Chocolate Buttercream as directed, stirring in 1/4 cup finely chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints. Spread cupcakes evenly with Chocolate Buttercream. Garnish with shaved or chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Andes Creme de Menthe Thins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts